19th Sep Current Affairs News Analysis | Prelims & Mains 2020
Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit will be inaugurated on 2nd October 2020 – the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Miscelleneous
- It is a global summit of Overseas and Resident Indian scientists and academicians.
- The discussion will include: quantum technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning, communications technologies, computational and data sciences and aerospace technologies among others.
- To bring out the comprehensive roadmap to leverage the expertise and knowledge of global Indian researchers for solving emerging challenges.
- To reflect in-depth on the collaboration and cooperation instruments with academia and scientists in India.
- Also Department of S&T, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) are part of it.
- To boost the innovation ecosystem in India, VAIBHAV will add a new dimension to Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
- The summit seeks active support and ideation from Indian Diaspora for developing skills of Indian aspirants in alignment with the New Educational Policy.
- NEP 2020 aims to pave the way for transformational reforms in school and higher education systems in the country.
- The initiative is based on 5 pillars- Economy, Infrastructure, System, Vibrant Demography and Demand.