ATL App Development Module | UPSC
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission launches ATL App Development Module for school students nationwide
WHY IN NEWS:
AIM, NITI Aayog is now bringing the skills of App Development to the young tinkerers of Atal Tinkering Labs across the country .
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Science and Technology
For PRELIMS you should concentrate on aim , significance and the developers of this app .
For MAINS can you mention ten key points which can foster India’s growth in Science and Technology post COVID-19 era ?
ATL APP DEVELOPMENT MODULE
- Indian Mobile App Development innovation ecosystem is in line with the clarion call for Aatmanirbhar initiatives of the Hon Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The ATL App Development modules have been launched in collaboration with Indian homegrown startup Plezmo .
- It aim to hone the skills of school students and transforming them from App users to App makers in the times to come under AIM’s flagship Atal Tinkering Labs initiative.
The vision is to foster creativity and innovation nationwide through its various integrated initiatives including incubators, Startups, community innovation Centers and Atal New India challenges for product and service innovations enabling socio economic growth of the country .
- It is crucial for the young Indians to learn skills at a young age and to enable them to become the next generation of technology leaders.
- Through 6 project-based learning modules and online mentoring sessions the programme will start.
- Young innovators can learn to build mobile Apps in various Indian languages and showcase their talent.
- To build capacities and acumen for App Development within school teachers, periodic Teacher Training sessions will be conducted on the AIM App Development course.
- The launch of AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge has been inspiring to the young students uniformly at school, university and industry level.
- They can integrate their Tinkering Lab innovations with mobile apps enhancing the usability and reach of their innovations.
- To foster learning and creativity within young minds, as part of the ATL #TinkerfromHome campaign, AIM, NITI Aayog has created a growing state of the art platform for the students and teachers across the country to learn and apply the latest of technologies.
GLOBAL TECH GIANT
- This initiative will empower our young generation in making India a global technology superpower and contribute to the vision of #AatmaNirbharBharat.
- Covid-19 pandemic has brought about a big disruption, which is being tackled through the use of technology to aid for everyday lives.
- After agricultural and industrial revolutions, global economies are being shaped by a Technology revolution.
- We need world class technology solutions and apps from India leveraging the tremendous demographic dividend of our country.
- This would be one of the largest App learning and development initiatives at a school level in any country.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB/DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS for UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains