“Decarbonising Transport in India” Project | UPSC
Decarbonising Transport: International Project to Develop Pathway to Low-CO2 Mobility for India
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Transport
For PRELIMS this is a very important Issue . You have to dive deep into ITF and understand Aim , Objectives , Governance and Secretariat .
DECARBONISING TRANSPORT IN INDIA
- The online event will inform transport and climate stakeholders in India about planned project activities.
- The discussions will revolve around- India’s transport challenges and how they relate to CO2 reduction ambitions.
- The discussion will help to focus on India’s specific needs and circumstances.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT FORUM :
- It acts as a think tank for transport policy and organises the Annual Summit of transport ministers.
- ITF is the only global body that covers all transport modes.
- The ITF is administratively integrated with the OECD, yet politically autonomous.
AIM AND MISSION :
- The mission is to foster a deeper understanding of the role of transport in economic growth, environmental sustainability and social inclusion and to raise the public profile of transport policy.
- The ITF organises global dialogue for better transport.
- It acts as a platform for discussion and pre-negotiation of policy issues across all transport modes.
It will provide the government with a detailed understanding of current and future transport activity and the related CO2 emissions as a basis for their decision-making.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | “Decarbonising Transport in India” Project | UPSC