Disaster, Disruption, Digitisation, Demand and Diversity
Need to embrace interdisciplinary culture, power of technology and intense collaboration to protect ourselves and the planet: S. Ramadorai
WHY IN NEWS:
Padma Bhushan S. Ramadorai delivers Lockdown Lecture on Disaster, Disruption, Digitisation, Demand and Diversity
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Disaster Managment
For PRELIMS if you can spare a little time then we recommend you to watch this video.
For MAINS we have mentioned the key-points from this lecture ! Let us grasp this .
- Delivering the virtual Lockdown Lecture organized by Nehru Science Centre, Ministry of Culture, Shri S. Ramadorai has emphasized the need for innovation in every field.
- Pandemics, natural calamities and disasters caused due to human interventions, from Plague that hit the world in 1885 to SARS.
- ‘Pandemics’ are going to be a part of our lives.
- Human beings are exhibiting support and community initiative during pandemics which was remarkable.
- ‘It is such attitude of the citizens that needs to be focused upon’,.
- Power of digitisation and digital technology is very crucial in overcoming such disruptions.
- “When it comes to public health initiatives by the government, a new paradigm for infrastructure, geographical distribution of providers, and care giving are beginning to take shape.
BESIDES OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE, WE NEED TO FOCUS ON:
- Emergence of new opportunities, diversification,
- Medical devices,
- Automation in primary health centres,
- Digitisation can be a big boost to Fine arts and Culture too.
- Pandemic has erased the boundaries within humanity.
- “The rich v/s poor divide has almost disappeared from the pandemic point of view.
- COVID19 can affect anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Hence diversity has to be accepted as a way of life and as a medium”, .
- We need to work towards a borderless world.
- Our ecosystem has to be rethought and reengineered connecting human and nature.
The need for an inter-disciplinary culture, technology incorporation in all our thinking and collaboration in the most intense manner irrespective of our strata in the society to protect the planet, environment and ourselves.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB/DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS for UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains
DISCOVER MORE : Important GS-3 Issues