IAS Civil List 2020 | UPSC NEWS
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launches the IAS Civil List 2020 and its e-version
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh launched the IAS Civil List-2020 and its e-version here.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : GOVERNANCE
Nothing related to the curriculum . But Yes ! You have to update your instincts . Let us jump in for the reforms and innovations .
WHAT DOES THIS LIST CONTAIN ?
- The List also contains the information of IAS as per batch, cadre state, present posting, pay and allowances, education and superannuation.
- DoPT in the last 5-6 years has resulted in number of innovations and reforms for the common public good.
BEST PRACTISES :
- The decision to do away with the time old practice of getting documents attested by a gazetted officer and replacing the same with self-attestation.
- Three-month Central Government stint as Assistant Secretaries for IAS officers in the beginning of their career.
- PM’s Excellence Awards of DARPG are revolutionary in nature.
NATIONAL RECRUITMENT AGENCY
- The NRA will conduct computer based online Common Eligibility Test for recruitment to non-gazetted posts with test centres in every district.
- More than 25 lakh officers have registered on iGoT fitted to the training needs of frontline workers tackling COVID-19.
- These measure will help in training an IAS officer into a Corona Warrior.
- Similarly, more than 50,000 public grievances regarding COVID has been received in the Grievance Cell, which will soon touch one lakh mark with redressal time of 1.4 days.
These reforms and initiatives will ultimately lead to Ease of Governance resulting in Ease of Living.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | IAS Civil List 2020 | UPSC NEWS