MANODARPAN | UPSC
Union HRD Minister launches MANODARPAN initiative of Ministry of HRD to provide psychosocial support to students for their Mental Health and Well-being
WHY IN NEWS:
MANODARPAN is a step towards Prime Ministers vision of AtmaNirbhar Bharat : Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Human Resources
For PRELIMS it is important to understand the genesis of this issue . Go through aim , launch and the web portal details .
For MAINS do you think parents should be educated more than children ? How will this initiative help post COVID-19 ?
MANODARPAN INITIATIVE LAUNCHED
- National Toll-free Helpline (8448440632),
- A special special web page of MANODARPAN on the portal of HRD Ministry, and
- A Handbook on MANODARPAN.
- This Global pandemic is not only a serious medical concern, but also brings mixed emotions and psycho-social stress for all.
- It is important to focus on continuing education on the academic front, the mental well-being of the students also needs to be given equal importance.
- MANODARPAN covering a wide range of activities to provide Psychosocial Support to students for their Mental Health & Well-being during the COVID outbreak and beyond.
- Experts from the fields of education, mental health and psycho social issues as its members, has been set up to monitor.
- This will strengthen human capital and increasing productivity and efficient reform and initiatives for the Education sector.
- The Web-site of the Ministry of Human Resource Development has this page.
- The Web-page contains advisory, practical tips, posters, podcasts, videos, do’s and don’ts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system.
TOLL FREE HELPLINE
- A National Toll-free helpline (8448440632) has also been set up.
- This unique helpline shall be managed by a pool of experienced counselors/ Psychologists .
- Through this helpline tele-counselling will be provided to the students to address their mental health and psychosocial issues.
- In such a climate, we need organised and institutionalized help.
- MANODARPAN initiative are envisaged to facilitate a sustainable psychological support system for students, families and teachers.
COMPONENTS OF MANODARPAN INITIATIVE
- Advisory guidelines for students, teachers and faculty of School systems and Universities along with families.
- Web page on the MHRD website, which will carry advisory, practical tips, posters, videos, do’s and don’ts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system.
- National level database and directory of counsellors at School and University level whose services can be offered voluntarily for Tele-Counselling Service on the National Helpline.
- National Toll-free Helpline by the MHRD for a country wide outreach to students from school, universities and colleges.
- The booklet will include FAQs, Facts & Myths and will also cover ways and means to manage emotional and behavioural concerns.
- Interactive Online Chat Platform for contact, counselling and guidance by psychologists and other mental health professionals .
- Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films to be uploaded as additional resource materials on the webpage.
- Crowd sourcing from students all over the country will be encouraged as peer support.
- Mental health has a reciprocal relationship with the well-being and productivity of a society and its members.
- We should also come forward as a more cohesive and mutually interdependent society.