NISHTHA Programme | UPSC
WHY IN NEWS:
16,99,931 School Heads and Teachers have been trained under NISHTHA in 2019-20: Education Minister
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Education
For PRELIMS go through the Highlights , Key points mentioned under aim and methodology used .
For MAINS go through the expected outcome section . Let us dive in !
- NISHTHA is a capacity building programme for “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training“.
- It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
- NISHTHA is the world’s largest teachers’ training programme of its kind.
- The initiative is first of its kind wherein standardized training modules are developed at national level for all States and UTs.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy has launched a National Mission to improve learning outcomes at the elementary level through an Integrated Teacher Training Programme called NISHTHA.
- It is under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Samagra Shiksha in 2109-20.
- The functionaries (at the state, district, block, cluster level) shall be trained in an integrated manner .
- This is being organized by constituting National Resource Groups (NRGs) and State Resource Groups (SRGs) at the National and the State level .
- A robust portal/Management Information System (MIS) for delivery of the training, monitoring and support mechanism has been infused.
- Keeping in view the COVID-19 pandemic situation, it is now planned to organise SRG and Teachers training in online mode.
- The first online training for the SRGs of state of Andhra Pradesh will be launched on 16 July, 2020.
HIGHLIGHTS OF NISHTHA
- Capacity building of 4.2 million teachers
- Focus on competency and higher order thinking skills based teaching learning
- Training of all heads and teachers as first level counsellors
- Promoting experiential and joyful learning
- Awareness of centrally sponsored schemes/initiatives
- Online monitoring and support system
- Convergence of multi-departmental efforts
- Activity based training modules.
- Improvement in learning outcomes of the students
- Creation of an enabling and enriching inclusive classroom environment
- Teachers are trained to use Art as pedagogy leading to increased creativity and innovation among students
- Teachers are trained to develop and strengthen personal-social qualities of students for their holistic development
- Creation of healthy and safe school environment
- Develop stress-free School Based Assessment focused on development of learning competencies
- Teachers adopt Activity Based Learning and move away from rote learning to competency based learning
- Teachers and School Heads become aware of new initiatives in school education
- Transformation of the heads of schools for providing academic and administrative leadership in the schools for fostering new initiatives
OFFLINE COURSE MODULES – GENERIC
- Curriculum, Learner-centered Pedagogy, Learning Outcomes and Inclusive Education
- Art Integrated Learning
- School Based Assessment
- Health and Well Being
- Integration of ICT in Teacher-Learning and Assessment
- All the teachers, principals, block resource coordinators, cluster resource coordinators working at the elementary stage will be covered for training .
- This programme will be conducted in customized cascade mode, in which National Resource Group of Experts will train Key Resource Persons.